ij.start.canon - If you are trying to connect a Canon printer with your WiFi network, but not sure to get the task accomplished, this friendly post has got you covered. Here, you will see a detailed guide on the Canon printer setup WiFi procedure. When we list the best printers for our day-to-day printing jobs, it cannot be completed without mentioning Canon printers. They are known for their stellar printing quality and cost-effectiveness. You can setup your Canon printer mainly in two ways – Wired and Wireless. Here, we will discuss the steps to setup a Canon printer on WiFi. Let’s start!
Steps to Setup Canon Printer on Your WiFi
There are three main steps we will discuss in the post when setting up your printer for WiFi. These instances are:
1: Connecting Canon Printer to My WiFi
This is one of the most basic and straightforward methods to add a Canon printer to your WiFi. Below are the steps to get the job done:
- In the first place, you need to turn your Canon printer on by pressing the power button.
- Once the printer is turned on, press the Settings button >> the arrow button.
- Next, go to Device settings and click OK.
- Again, press the arrow button and click OK when you see the LAN settings.
- Press the arrow button and it will take you to the wireless LAN setup. Click OK. Here, you will see light blinking on your device, which means your printer is searching for the WiFi network.
- If it is taking too long, hit the Stop button and it will take you to the wireless LAN setup, standard setup. Press OK here.
- Press the arrow button and wait until the WiFi network appears. Press OK thereafter.
- Now enter your WiFi password accurately and click OK. Avoid typo errors don’t forget to switch from lower case to upper case when entering it.
- Finally, click OK and make sure that your screen is now showing Connected.
This canon printer setup WiFi procedure will connect your Canon printer with your wireless network.
2: Adding Wireless Canon Printer to Computer
Once the printer is connected with the WiFi, you need to add it to your computer to perform the printing tasks. Below is how:
- Press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard to open the Run Window.
- When the run box opens, enter control /name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters in the box and click OK. Next, click Add a printer and follow the on-screen prompts with the utmost attention to complete the process.
- Now that you have connected the Canon printer with your WiFi network, try to print a test job to confirm it is working fine.
3: Fixing If Printer Is Not Working Properly
If there is no issue with the printer, the ij.start.canon setup procedure will work fine with it. However, the erroneous setup can bring forth various errors such as:
- Unable to print using your Canon printer.
- Error notification appears on your screen abruptly.
- The printer won’t print at all.
In such a case, you will need to troubleshoot the error for smooth printing.
How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer on Windows?
If you want to set up your Canon printer on Windows wirelessly, below are the steps for you:
- First of all, connect the Canon printer to your WiFi network and set it up by following the procedure described in the upper section of the post.
- Next, you need to download the printer driver by visiting here canon.com/ijsetup.
- Now go to the download location and double-click the downloaded file to install the driver by following the on-screen prompts carefully.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R together to open the Run window.
- Enter - control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters in the run box and click OK.
- Here, the Devices And Printers folder will open on your screen.
- In the new Window, you will see the Add Printer button.
- Hit Add Printer and follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
- Perform the required steps and click OK.
Following these steps with the utmost care and attention will help to accomplish the task. Once done, you may try to print a test job and see that the setup works smoothly.
Connect Canon Wireless Printer on MAC
If you are a Mac user, it takes a few simple steps to connect a wireless printer on Mac using the ij.start.canon set up procedure. If you are not able to print a test job after completing the procedure, experienced Canon printer experts can help you override the issue.
If you are getting an error when connecting your Canon printer with the canon.com/ijsetup method, the printer driver may be outdated or corrupt. Updating the printer can resolve the issue. To update the Canon printer drivers to the latest release, you can get help from experienced professionals if you are not sure about the steps. Hope you find this post helpful. Keep following for more amazing posts.