Have you also recently purchased a new canon printer? Then this article is going to be very crucial for you. As in this blog, we are going to provide you with all the information regarding the Canon printer and how to get the new Canon printer connect to your laptop. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the last word.
First of all, congratulations on purchasing your new canon printer. We appreciate that you have made the right decision that you have decided to go specifically for the Canon Brand. Welcome to the Canon Family!
Canon is one of the most famous brands among electronic devices such as printers, scanners, medical types of equipment and so more. Although, the main product which canon enabled itself to capture the market and build its brand image is its printers.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Laptop?
As you have already purchased the Canon printer, the first question that directly comes to the mind of new users is how to get their Canon printer connected with their laptop. Although, it can become a tricky procedure and can put you in some serious trouble when you don’t know about the process to connect the printer to the laptop. That’s why we are here. We know how it feels when someone purchases a new electronic device and it suddenly fails to work properly. So, to prevent you from facing such types of challenges here is the process that you can follow to connect Canon Printer to your Laptop.
Connecting Canon Printer to Laptop through USB Cable
If you want to connect your Canon printer to your laptop through a USB cable, then here are the steps that you can follow.
Step 1. First, turn off your Canon printer.
Step 2. Now, attach the USB cable with one end to the printer and the other one to the laptop.
Step 3. Then turn on the printer again.
Step 4. After that, press the Windows button from your keyboard and then type “Control Panel” in the insert box and press enter button.\
Step 5. Now, under the control panel, go to the “Devices & Printer” > “Add a Printer” > “Local Printer”. Then select the printer port as per your requirement.
Step 6. Search for the Canon printer option and then select your printer’s model number.
Step 7. Then click on the “Next” option.
Step 7. If you want to share the printer with other devices, then click on the “Next” option, otherwise ignore it.
Step 8. After that, it will ask you to decide if you want to set up your printer as a Default. For that, click on “Next”.
Now, you have successfully connected your Canon Printer to the Laptop through the USB Cable.
How to Wirelessly Connect Canon Printer to Laptop
So, if your canon printer supports the option of connecting through a wireless medium, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps in order to get your canon printer connected to the laptop.
First of all, to establish a wireless connection between printer and laptop, you have to connect both the devices on the same WIFI network. Once, you have connected both the devices over the same internet connection, after that, here are the steps to connect them wirelessly.
• First, press the windows button and then go to the settings page.
• Then click on the devices option and then choose the “Printers and Scanners” option.
• Then click on the “Add the printer or scanner” option.
• It will then add a printer to the list.
• Now, make sure your printer is connected to the same WIFI network.
• Complete the setup on your device by following the above steps.
• Now, your setup process is completed. After that, it will display you the option of starting utilizing your printer.
• Finally, your canon printer is now ready to take printouts from your Windows Laptop. Perform a sample printout to check the performance. Or at least you have any issue, you can visit official website ij start canon.
• First, go to the System Preferences and click on the “Printers & Scanners” option.
• Now, click on the “+” symbol to add a new printer to the device.
• Under the available list, choose your canon printer and add it.
• Similarly, with the Windows process, at this stage make sure about the WIFI network connection.
• Now your printer is successfully connected to your Mac through a wireless medium.
• To ensure its performance, take a sample printout to check the efficiency level.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Laptop through Wired Network
If you wanted to establish a wired network connection between your Canon printer and laptop through the use of an Ethernet cable, then here are the steps that you can follow to connect your Canon printer directly to the router.
• First, simply connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the printer and the other end of the cable to the WIFI router.
• Now, turn on your Canon Printer.
• Then on the Printer’s control panel, go to the menu with the help of the Control panel and then select the Network settings.
• After that, click on the “Wired Lan” option.
Now, you have successfully connected your Canon printer through a wired network connection.
In this blog, we have tried our best to provide you with all the authentic and useful information regarding the Canon printer and how to connect the Canon Printer to the laptop. You can easily follow the above-mentioned steps and the procedure to connect your Canon printer to the laptop. If we have helped you to get your Canon printer connected with the printer, then do share it with your friends or family members as well who are also going to purchase a new Canon printer in the future, so that they will be aware in advance of the procedure.