Canon Printer is known for designing printers with high-image-quality output and better network connectivity. All Canon printers are optimized to enhance productivity and give customers a better user experience. One of the best features of Canon is compatibility since it can be used on different devices. This blog will show you how to install your Canon Printer on MAC OS and Chrome book. You can also call the Canon customer support number to get a more detailed guide on the installation process.
Install Canon Printer for Mac OS
One of the best ways to install your Canon Printer on Mac is to add the printer using 'System Preferences manually'. You can use these tips to install your printer on Mac:
- You need to click on the icon in the Dock and open 'System Preferences.'
- Then, select 'Printers & Scanners' and click the plus sign to add a printer
- Now click the 'Default' tab in the Add window and proceed
- You have to enter the printer name, location, and driver information
- If Mac cannot find a printer driver, then click the Use drop-down menu
- Afterwards, go to 'Select Software' and search the list of available printer drivers
- Select a printer driver from the list and click 'OK' to confirm.
Now you need to click the 'Add' button to complete the installation, and you will be able to use your Canon printer without any problem. If you witness any errors, you can manually select a generic driver or go to the Canon website and download a suitable printer driver.
Install Canon Printer for Chromebook
You can use your Canon Printer to print from your Chromebook by connecting to the Wi-Fi or using a USB cable. You must execute the instructions mentioned below to add your Canon printer to Chrome book manually:
- Set the time on your Chrome book and open the settings
- Click 'Advanced' and go to the 'Printers' section to add a printer
- Then you have to enter a name and begin adding the relevant printer information
- For the address, you need to enter your printer's IP address
- You can use 'IPP' as the supported connection protocol
- Most printers use the queue 'ipp/print.'
- Now choose the Canon printer model you have and click 'Add.'
- If you have a Canon printer driver, click 'Browse' to upload it
In case your Canon printer model does not appear in the list, you can go through the printer manual and find the "printer language" or "emulation", then select the generic option that is the same as your printer.
Suppose you need any assistance while installing the printer or getting stuck in any of the steps. In that case, you can call the Canon customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. Canon experts are available 24 hours a day to provide the best solution to resolve any printer or installation error you may face.